Sunny and hot.
Haricots verts and Swiss chard from the potager for dinner greens.
A dozen hens laying deep yellow-yolked eggs for deviled eggs.
The first red tomatoes on the vine.
Sounds like a picnic to me.
A French Pig from the Chapolard's, a cochon to spit roast over an open fire:
- crispy cracklins and succulent ham meat,
- falling off the shoulder bone for pull apart figgy bbq sandwiches.
- mouth smacking ribs dipped in sweet fiery fish sauce
- Walnut and white wine potato salad
- Summer cabbage coleslaw with red wine vinegar
- white peach shortcake with creme fraiche
photo by carnivore TC at www.TimClinchphotography.net.