A few years ago while traveling down the Canal du Midi, The Julia Hoyt and all her crew aboard were moored at a small port near Villefranche de Lauragais. This was July- Tour de France season; we popped some champagne and had foie gras baquette sandwiches as Lance Armstrong and his band of merry men whizzed by in such a fast blur they were gone before we could even register their presence. That evening we meandered over to the Hostelllerie de Etienne for the house specialty- Cassoulet Imperial and who did we see eating vast quantities of beans duck confit and sausage? Well, not Lance, but all the rest of the support members of all the racing teams stoking up on good hearty Chaurien fuel. We wandered back to the boat sated and happy to have shared in yet another victory for 'our' team- Team Cassoulet in the yellow aprons!
I share this anecdote with you, in case you haven't noticed that this is the MENU FOR HOPE week. For just one $10 (US) donation you can buy a raffle ticket to win your own hand thrown by the real deal NOT Poterie brothers Cassole. This is one of my well loved French Kitchen stables that have held dozens of cassoulets over dozens of years. I can't guarantee that you will make a better cassoulet in it, after all as Lance wrote "It's not about the Bike". However, wouldn't you ride a little harder, a little prouder if you won Lance Armstrong's winning bike for a $10 raffle ticket? Maybe your next cassoulet will look like this!
For all the information and other great prizes available worldwide, check out Pim's list at Chez Pim.com then follow these simple guidelines to win your heart's delight.
To Donate and Enter the Menu for Hope Raffle
Here's what you need to do:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope above
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. The code for my Cassoulet bowl is EU25. the Tuscan wood oven adventure is EU30.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 - 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.Any questions, just ask! and get those beans soaking! The prices will be announced on Pim's site on January 9 and the Cassoulet bowl will packed and ready to fly on Jan 10th.